Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I may only be standing on principle, but I'm still standing

The internet is such a great social networking tool and we get to meet so many new and different people.....That being said, lots of people post bible verses as their daily status, others thank God every day for their blessings, etc. I support those individuals because, like me, they're standing. Everyone has their own ways to contribute, my way, which works best for me is that I choose not to support movies, tv shows, actors/actresses, or businesses that go against our Christian beliefs. Not saying it's for everyone, just saying it's what we do in our family. There are plenty of Christian individuals and businesses to fill in that gap and then some.

I made a comment today that I no longer support Sam Elliott since his Golden Compass movie. I thought it was a bad choice on his part and I'm not entirely sure he knew the full story behind the story. Atleast, that makes me dislike him a little less. I'm no fanatic, I try not to cuss, but the reaction I got was that I had attacked someone's facebook page. Needless to say, I was quite shocked, I was even unfriended by two women for it. Really? The explanation one used was that it was "just a movie". Well, that seems to be the reaction to just about everything against God these days: it's just a role he's playing, it's just pretend, it's really not that bad, prayer is unconstitutional, we might offend someone if we pray at a football game, National Prayer Day will not be celebrated on the White House lawn. See how these things progress? I did not attack the person, her opinion, or her religious beliefs and yet got that in return under the guise of tsk'ing me for sitting in moral judgment. Because I won't support an atheistic movie or the actors in it? Really?

As I said, everyone has their own way of supporting the cause. If someone is offended that I choose not to support atheistic propaganda, well, buckle up kiddies, it's gonna get salty!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What kind of world is this where the truth is mistaken for hate?

    It's like Simon Cowell. For honestly telling some people they don't have talent-often it is true and obvious-he is painted as hateful and critical and negative. Just for being honest? If only some of their 'friends' had been honest with them before they tried out!

    The problem is that human beings naturally like being lied to. Look at Eve! Lies are pretty and smooth and they go down warm-but they make you sick and you might even die if you keep listening. Truth is not pretty, its beautiful. It's not smooth, it's pure. And it keeps you alive in a world that wants you dead-it's protection. Listening to the truth might even save you embarrassment on national television!

    You are a good example to us all. Let's not apologize for what we believe if what we believe is the truth. I'm proud of you for standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had to go back and read my posts to make sure I truly hadn't said anything defamatory against the woman and sure enough, just against the movie and Sam's part. It's amazing what people will jump on and attack w/ "Godly" intentions. I was labeled a fanatic, that's ok, call me crazy, I look good in white as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete